Kikay Silk Robe
This product is currently sold out.
You're investing in...
Our statement-making Mermaid Angel Kikay Silk Robe is inspired by our desire to protect and preserve clean oceans, and is painted on luxurious silk by Balinese artisans. Comfortably layer it over your sleepwear or elegantly over your streetwear. It goes easily from long sleeves to short with a mother of pearl button. With your Kikay robe, you help preserve an ancient artistic batik tradition.
- 100% silk
- One size, floor length style
- Two way sleeves: long sleeves or roll it up into short sleeves with just one link when to keep sleeves out of your way
- Two way closures: with a knot on the chest or with a matching belt
- Boxy shape effortlessly fits most body shapes and bust sizes
- Side seam hidden pockets
- French seam finish
- Mother-of-pearl button
Hand drawn and painted with with the traditional batik technique (using hot wax and non-toxic dyes), the quality of color and sharpness are affected by the sunlight, water, and temperature on the days the robe was made. Every robe requires a team of artisans to complete one robe within 5 to 7 days. Truly a work of love! Batik-making is so tied to Indonesian culture that it was designated a UNESCO Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity in 2009.
Note: We hand painted the 100% silk with joy using dyes that are not toxic to the environment. Because the color is mixed by hand, colors may vary by 10-25%. We cannot guarantee that the color will be exactly the same as the photo but will be very similar. Any inconsistencies is an indication of the raw beauty of handmade coloring, not a flaw.
- Wash with soft detergent for long lasting color.
- Line dry in the shade. Or machine dry.
- Mend when torn.
- Recycle or hand-it-down years later when you feel like letting go of Kikay
Our silk robe is dedicated to Kikay, the loving mother of Love Stories Bali founder. Mom Kikay was an empowered self-taught woman entrepreneur who, like silk, was strong yet smooth. While the inherent beauty of silk enhances a moment, the inner beauty of Mom Kikay enhanced the lives of many underprivileged villagers. This one's for you Mom!