Ratna Silk Happy Helping Pajamas - Batik-Handpainted with Eco Dyes
This variant is currently sold out
You're investing in...
A glammed-up silk pajama set giving you full-on look as a "Zoom" wear or streetwear. Guaranteed to delight your friends when they hear the secret - the Bali flowers were handdrawn, handwaxed, handpainted, handcolored and took seven days to complete using age-old batik technique. What could be better than wearing a flowy, comfortable, unrestrictive silk pajamas with the luxe-yet-comfy balance. The best part? You won't even have to change when it's time to actually get in bed.
We know your friends will be asking so get ready to tell the handcrafting story below.
100% silk 16 momme: Natural. Caressingly soft . Breathable . Keeps you cooler when the weather is warm and warmer when the weather is cool. Hypoallergenic
100% eco dyed: Eco dyeing uses non-toxic dyes that break down safely back into the water.
A Love Story of Giving
Indonesian batik is an ancient icon of Indonesia. UNESCO noticed and included Indonesian batik in the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity list in 2009 for its technique, symbolism and culture. We collaborate with Ratna in her home-based workshop to marry batik’s resist-dye technique with our contemporary design on silk so more women and men can enjoy this hidden treasure. Batik is wearable painting. Batik is the process of dyeing fabrics slowly by hand where Ratna’s batik artisans draw babat (our story) onto the fabric with titik (dots) and lines using the traditional tools of canting (spouted bowl) and malam (hot liquid beeswax). Batik is artisan and nature loving. Ratna takes pride in using non-toxic dyes for coloring and mordanting. One artisan, Mawan, does all the color mixing using only his savvy, experienced eyes to match our Pantone colors. Artisans hand draw, hand color and hand dyebath. Batik is more than stunning hand work. It marries cultural treasure and comfort so you can proudly wear it a lot for a long time, and pass it on one day when your loved one is ready to appreciate the value it represents.
- Made for longevity and to be worn a lot - as an indoor-outdoor layering, wrap-around dress, or robe. Feel self-loving, edgy, sexy.
- Featuring: Generous proportions from four meters of natural silk to give you a graceful drape . Two-meter cord belt in self-fabric to give you versatile styling. Wide shawl collar . Elongated wide sleeves and cuff . Rolled tab sleeves with mother of pearl button . Underarm split . Clean french seams throughout . Of course, two utility-style pockets . Comes with a reusable and reversible pouch made from donated fabric scraps.
- Size: Extra Small. Chest: 41in * 104cm. Shirt length: 25in * 64cm. Pants full waist: 25in * 64cm expandable. Pants length: 38in * 97cm. Pants full hem: 22in * 56cm.
- Small. Chest: 42in * 106cm. Shirt length: 25in * 65cm. Pants full waist: 26in * 66cm expandable. Pants length: 38in * 98cm. Pants full hem: 23in * 58cm.
Medium. Chest: 44in * 112cm. Shirt length: 26in * 66cm. Pants full waist: 27in * 70cm expandable. Pants length: 39in * 99cm. Pants full hem: 24in * 60cm.
Large. Chest: 45in * 114cm. Shirt length: 26in * 67cm. Pants full waist: 30in * 76cm expandable. Pants length: 39in * 100cm. Pants full hem: 24in * 62cm. Model Jasmine: is 5’5” feet * 167cm wearing XS.
- Care for long-lasting silk: Cold hand wash or machine wash with like colors. Use eco-friendly or gentle detergent. Air dry or tumble dry low. When dry cleaning, we suggest eco alternative. Mend when torn.
You become a donor
Every purchase supports a cause as we share 50% of our net proceeds to the community. Together we help underprivileged children get the quality education they deserve at the eco-school we support in Bali. Learn more about our school mission in the blog.
Plant dyed, cut, sewn the traditional way in home-based family workshops in Bali that share our values for environmental and social responsibility. Learn more about how artisanal techniques work in our blog.
Aligning with UN SDG Goals
We take pride in contributing to at least six of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender Equality; Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 14: Life Below Water; and Goal 15: Life on Land.