Aurea Handwoven Pineapple Fiber Wrap - Delish Black - PREORDER
This product is currently sold out.
You're investing in...
A sheer madness luxury that makes you look and feel exceptionally confident in your skin, made with the eco-friendliest materials on earth - the delicious pineapple fiber fabric and black matte from fresh leaves. Enjoy a shot of nature allure, allow the fabric to gently slide off your shoulder and let it faint on the floor for a full load of sensuality and diaphanous drama - day or evening.
With this ethnic treasure, we dare to exhibit the boldness and the fearlessness required to banish the last vestiges of crippling body-shame and literally let it all - well ok most of it - hang out.
We know your friends will be asking so get ready to tell it's story below.
100% pineapple fiber: See story below.
100% plant dyed: Black and gray from ketapang leaf.
A Love Story of Giving
Pineapple is yummy and good for our health. No question. But what happens to the leaves after the harvest? Only in the beautiful island of the Philippines do they save them and turn the fibers into fabrics. This mind-blowing Aurea piece was handloom woven totally from pineapple fiber and combined with silk for softness and sheen. We love to share this hidden treasure to the world while helping improve the livelihood of highly specialized weavers. Handloom weaving pineapple fiber in the Philippines dates back to the 17th century. The incredible process involves up to 30 people from start to finish. Fibers inside every pineapple leaf are long and stiff and are scraped only with a ceramic plate (for smoothness) then dried in open air. Each strand (imagine hair strand) of the fiber is knotted one by one into yarns for weaving. The super fine embroidery takes between four to six months by a team of women embroiderers to complete a 5-yard strip.
This Aurea piece is made even more unique with the use of healthy plant dyes. Plant dyeing is using natural dyes that are extracted from fresh plants and mixed by hand instead of synthetic chemicals made by machines. Good for the health: Safer than synthetic dyes as they don't contain chemicals harmful to health. Good for the ecosystem: As plants can be regrown, they’re a renewable, low-cost source. Good for the heart: Fun and therapeutic to embrace nature on this all-nature piece.
- Emerge from your boudoirs as a final layering with something substantial under it like a brassiere or silk slip or floor-length frocks - or nothing at all. Or as sheer top over your monotone ensemble for added effect. Or a glamorous sheer layering over pants or shorts or skirt.
- Made for longevity so you can wear it a lot or share
- Featuring: Unique handloom weaving and hand embroidery. Maxi length. Short sleeves. Self tie belt in self fabric. Underarm split. Clean french seams throughout.
- Size: One size. Front chest: 36in * 91cm. Upper back: 26in * 67cm. Front Length: 53in * 135cm . Model Gita is 5'6" * 170 cm
- Care for long-lasting plant-dye: Cold hand wash with like colors. Use eco-friendly or gentle detergent. Air dry in the shade or tumble dry low. Dry clean not recommended as natural dyes react to heavy synthetic chemicals. Plant dyed colors will fade if left in the sun for a long time and washed in hot water. Mend when torn.
You become a donor
Every purchase supports a cause as we share 50% of our net proceeds to the community. Together we help underprivileged children get the quality education they deserve at the eco-school we support in Bali. Learn more about our school mission in the blog.
Plant dyed, cut, sewn the traditional way in home-based family workshops in Bali that share our values for environmental and social responsibility. Learn more about how artisanal techniques work in our blog.
Aligning with UN SDG Goals
We take pride in contributing to at least six of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender Equality; Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 14: Life Below Water; and Goal 15: Life on Land.