Bhumi Eco Print Organic Cotton Pajama Shorts Set
This product is currently sold out.
You're investing in...
Happy Helping Bhumi pajamas. Happy pajamas because it's uniquely artistic prints come from nature - 100% printed by Bali plants through the handmade process called ecoprinting. This ancient technique is glammed-up with oversized silhouette to give you full-on look as a sleepwear, streetwear or "zoom" wear. Helping pajamas because every customer becomes a donor to our school mission. As we share 50% of our net proceeds to the local green school we support, together we help underprivileged children get the education they deserve.
We know your friends will be asking so get ready to tell them the ecoprinting story described in A Love Story of Giving below.
100% Organic Cotton: Breathable. Grown without harmful chemicals, leaving the soil, air and water free from contaminates that cause harm. Cool and and wrinkle-free.
100% Ecoprinted: Blacks by rose leaf, blackberry leaf. Grays by guava leaf, plum leaf, castor leaf. Browns by rambutan leaf. Yellows by santol leaf, kusuma leaf. Baby rust by eucaplyptus. Greens by ferns. Leopard-like by ketapang.
- Made for longevity you can wear it as indoor-outdoor pajama set, or separately as a shirt or shorts paired with your current favorites.
- Featuring: Shirt has oversized body and sleeves, four patch pockets, and mother of pearl buttons. Shorts has elasticated waist with self fabric drawstring.
- Size Shirt: S/M. Chest: 51in * 130cm. Shirt length: 27in * 70cm. L/XL. Chest: 53in * 136cm. Shirt length: 29in * 75cm.
- Size Shorts. S/M. Shorts full waist 27in * 68cm expandable. Shorts length 17in * 43cm. In seam 5in * 14cm. Shorts full hem 24in * 62cm. L/XL. Shorts full waist: 31in * 78cm expandable. Shorts length: 18in * 46cm. In seam 6in * 16cm. Shorts full hem: 25in * 64cm.
- Care for long-lasting plant-dye: Cold hand wash or machine wash with like colors. Use eco-friendly or gentle detergent. Air dry in the shade or tumble dry low. Dry clean not recommended as natural dyes react to heavy synthetic chemicals. Plant dyed colors will fade if left in the sun for a long time and washed in hot water. Mend when torn.
A Love Story of Giving
Our Bhumi Ecoprint Pajamas is a collaboration with Cinta Bumi Artisans, a small home studio in Ubud, Bali, with a small herbs and dye garden. "Cinta Bumi" means love the earth. Our friend, Novi, the founder and a mother of beautiful 5-year-old girl Bhumi, is insanely in love with Mother Earth, like us. She impressively embodies her love for the Earth, art and cultural heritage and gracefully fuses ancestral wisdom, artisanal craftsmanship, and mindful innovation in creating handmade pieces and wearable poetry. We're inspired to ecoprint with Novi and her team because we share high HOPE for a new meaning of what we consider beautiful: things that are made while taking care of people and the planet. To us, ecoprinting our clothes is our way of nourishing nature that nourishes us.
Eco-printing is an age-old technique where living plants are arranged and pressed onto fabrics, and then heated to transfer its shape, color and marks on the fabric. These contact prints are called “eco-prints.” Novi and her team need 7 days to complete our Bhumi pajama set. They forage the leaves and flowers that have the shapes and pigments we want in Novi's garden as well as around Bali. The heat from three hours of steaming enable the leaves and flowers to imprint their shape and colors. Magic happens as we lift the leaves and flowers off the unwrapped fabric and their colors and shapes are revealed. With nature doing the printing, we never know what we get. We learn to surrender, accept the printing we get, and be content. And the result is always groundbreaking.
Why do we bother ecoprinting? Good for the health: Safer than synthetic dyes as they don't contain chemicals harmful to health. Good for the ecosystem: As plants can be regrown, they’re a renewable, low-cost source. Good for the heart: Bringing nature onto your clothes using living plants around us make us more present with nature and appreciate what's around us.
You become a donor
Every purchase supports a cause as we share 50% of our net proceeds to the community. Together we help underprivileged children get the quality education they deserve at the eco-school we support in Bali. Learn more about our school mission in the blog.
Cut, sewn and plant-dyed the traditional way in home-based family workshops in Bali that share our values for environmental and social responsibility. Learn more about how artisanal techniques work in our blog.
Aligning with UN SDG Goals
We take pride in contributing to at least six of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender Equality; Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 14: Life Below Water; and Goal 15: Life on Land.