Megan Plant Dyed Handwoven Oversized Cropped Jacket - Incomplete Shadow
This product is currently sold out.
You're investing in
An oversized cropped jacket from precious heirloom fabric with pleasingly erratic handpainting that gives it an irregular elegance. Called incomplete as some parts are left undyed; may they be colored with your life experiences.
Made for all. Genderless to us means turning simple clothing into works of your own individual art.
100% Handloom Woven Cotton: With the loose weaving of handlooms, this fabric is so breathable that it keeps you cool in summers and warm in winters. Medium weight but soft and wrinkle free.
100% Plant Dyed: Reds from sappan wood. Blues from strobilanthes cusia leaf. Blacks and grays from ketapang leaf. Yellows from mango leaf. Browns from coconut husk.
A Love Story of Giving
Weavers weave magic on this handloom woven piece, a tradition we refuse to give up as weavers keep the flame of this dying art alive. It takes about two hours for a one-meter strip to be created. It requires the weaver to be strong and use both engineering skills and creativity. Weaving by hand is the interlacing of two sets of yarn - the warp (length) and the weft (width) using a loom - a wooden equipment that facilitates the interlacing without the use of electricity. Weavers inherit the skill from their forefathers and in turn pass it on to their children so weaving can sustain their livelihood. Plant dyeing made this piece even better. Thank goodness plants dyes are healthy for the artisans to work with. Good for the health: Safer than synthetic dyes as they don't contain chemicals harmful to health. Good for the ecosystem: As plants can be regrown, they’re a renewable, low-cost source. Good for the heart: Plant dyeing is therapeutic; gives you permission to be anti-perfect so you can have more room for artistry.
- Softly tailored to be your edgier and healthier alternative to trans-seasonal jacket, with fabric produced on wooden looms in the same time-honored way for centuries
- Made for longevity so you can wear it a lot or share - to blend or blurr, or mix and match.
- Featuring: Cropped. Oversized proportions. Belt attached from the back that gives a cool shape when tied. Two front pockets. Classic button-down front with mother of pearl buttons. Dropped long sleeves. Pointed collar. Clean french seam throughout.
- Size: Chest: 50 in * 128 cm . Length: 19 in * 48 cm . Model Gita is 5'6" * 170 cm
- Care for long-lasting plant-dye: Cold hand wash or machine wash with like colors. Use eco-friendly or gentle detergent. Air dry in the shade or tumble dry low. Dry clean not recommended because natural dyes react to heavy synthetic chemicals. Plant dyed colors will fade if left in the sun for a long time and washed in hot water. Naturally-faded plant dyes can also translate the anti-perfection stance in your wardrobe. Mend when torn.
You become a donor
Every purchase supports a cause as we share 50% of our net proceeds to the community. Together we help underprivileged children get the quality education they deserve at the eco-school we support in Bali. Learn more about our school mission in the blog.
Handloom woven in Java. Plant dyed, cut, sewn the traditional way in home-based family workshops in Bali that share our values for environmental and social responsibility. Learn more about how artisanal techniques work in our blog.
Aligning with UN SDG Goals
We take pride in contributing to at least six of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender Equality; Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 14: Life Below Water; and Goal 15: Life on Land.