Elise Plant Dyed Cotton Lounge Set - Pecan Diagonals
This variant is currently sold out
You're investing in...
A plant-dyed co-ord sloungewear with tomboyish crewneck - updated via uplifting tie-dye in mood enhancing pecan color. Bringing a twist to your summertime and all-the-time style.
When your friends ask about yummy plant dyes, get ready to tell the love story of giving below.
100% Cotton: Breathable. Medium thickness softened by the plant dyes.
100% Plant Dyed: Yellows from mango leaves. Browns from coconut husk. Blacks from ketapang leaves.
A Love Story of Giving
At first, we had doubts. Will customers see the value of our elevated tie-dye pieces using plant dyes? You see, with pure plant dyes, every shade in the color wheel is not accounted for. Colors are subdued - not as vibrant as what tie-dyes are known for. When Ann, a fashion designer, from Moscow bought our first few pieces, we asked her why. “Because the combination of organic fabric and tie dye using plant dyes are picking up slowly but still rare in my city.” Ann inspired us to stay focused on elevated, artfully done tie-dyes on polished pieces that are made even better with the use of healthy plant dyes. Plant dyeing is using natural dyes that are extracted from fresh plants and mixed by hand instead of synthetic chemicals made by machines. Good for the health: Safer than synthetic dyes as they don't contain chemicals harmful to health. Good for the ecosystem: As plants can be regrown, they’re a renewable, low-cost source. Good for the heart: Tie-dyeing to us means fun and freedom. It gives us permission to be anti-perfect, find beauty in accidents and inaccuracies, and more space for experimentation to get pleasingly erratic results that are free-spirited yet contemporary.
- Made for longevity you can wear it a lot or share - as lounge set, pajama set separates, or layering for all seasons.
- Featuring: Top in A-line silhouette. Hidden seams. Double lined chest for days when you don't feel like wearing bra. Pants has elasticated waist with self fabric drawstring for added comfort.
- Size: Extra Small. Chest: 40in * 102cm. Shirt front length: 23in * 60cm. Shirt back length: 27in * 68cm. Pants full waist: 27in * 68cm expandable. Pants length: 38in * 96cm. Pants full hem: 23in * 60cm.
- Small. Chest: 41in * 104cm. Shirt front length: 24in * 62cm. Shirt back length: 27.5in * 70cm. Pants full waist: 28in * 72cm expandable. Pants length: 37in * 94cm. Pants full hem: 23in * 60cm.
- Medium. Chest: 44in * 112cm. Shirt front length: 25in * 64cm. Shirt back length: 29in * 74cm. Pants full waist: 30in * 76 cm expandable. Pants length: 38in * 96cm. Pants full hem: 23in * 60cm.
- Large. Chest: 45in * 114cm. Shirt front length: 26in * 67cm. Shirt back length: 30in * 76cm. Pants full waist: 31.5in * 80cm expandable. Pants length: 40in * 100cm. Pants full hem: 24 in * 62 cm. Model is Gita 5'5" * 170cm.
- Care for long-lasting plant-dye: Cold hand wash or machine wash with like colors. Use eco-friendly or gentle detergent. Air dry in the shade or tumble dry low. Dry clean not recommended as natural dyes react to heavy synthetic chemicals. Plant dyed colors will fade if left in the sun for a long time and washed in hot water. Mend when torn.
You become a donor
Every purchase supports a cause as we share 50% of our net proceeds to the community. Together we help underprivileged children get the quality education they deserve at the eco-school we support in Bali. Learn more about our school mission in the blog.
Plant dyed, cut, sewn the traditional way in home-based family workshops in Bali who share our values for environmental and social responsibility. Learn more about how artisanal techniques work in our blog.
Aligning with UN SDG Goals
We take pride in contributing to at least six of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender Equality; Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 14: Life Below Water; and Goal 15: Life on Land.