Mango Organic Cotton Plant Dyed Pajamas - Pants & Shirt: 2020 Hope Collection
This variant is currently sold out
You're investing in...
Hopeful pajamas - our 2020 HOPE collection. Hopeful because it's vibrant mango color comes from nature - extracted from mango leaves - and made to be long-lasting so you can wear in many ways - or share - for years to come. It's glammed-up to be oversized to give you full-on look as a sleepwear, streetwear or "zoom" wear. Helping because every customer becomes a donor to our school mission. As we share 50% of our net proceeds to the local green school we support, together we help underprivileged children get the education they deserve.
100% Organic Cotton: Breathable. Grown without harmful chemicals, leaving the soil, air and water free from contaminates that cause harm. Cool and and wrinkle-free.
100% Plant Dyed: Yellow from mango leaf.
- Made for longevity you can wear it as indoor-outdoor pajama set, or separately as a shirt or pants paired with your current favorites.
- Featuring: Shirt has oversized body and sleeves, four patch pockets, and mother of pearl buttons. Shorts has elasticated waist with self fabric drawstring.
- Size Shirt: S/M. Chest: 51in * 130cm. Shirt length: 27in * 70cm. L/XL. Chest: 53in * 136cm. Shirt length: 29in * 75cm.
- Size Pants: S/M. Pants full waist 29in * 74cm expandable. Pants length 39in * 100cm. Inseam 27in * 70cm. Pants full hem 22in * 56cm. L/XL. Pants full waist: 31in * 78cm expandable. Pants length: 40in * 103cm. In seam 28in * 72cm. Pants full hem: 23in * 60cm.
- Care for long-lasting plant-dye: Cold hand wash or machine wash with like colors. Use eco-friendly or gentle detergent. Air dry in the shade or tumble dry low. Dry clean not recommended as natural dyes react to heavy synthetic chemicals. Plant dyed colors will fade if left in the sun for a long time and washed in hot water. Mend when torn.
A Love Story of Giving
Plant dyeing is an age-old technique that we are obsessed to share to the world because it is beautiful and healthy. It is using natural dyes that are extracted by hand from sustainably cultivated and harvested plants instead of synthetic chemicals made by machines. The non-polluting process of harvesting, drying, mulching, and extracting the color from the plants, preparing the fabric, and the dye bathing itself (which requires a repetition of massaging, marinating and drying the fabric by hand) take more time, effort and creativity. Results are unpredictable and affected by serendipity in climate, sunlight, water, even soil fertility and when plants were harvested. But these variances make the pieces unique and groundbreaking. Good for the health: Safer than synthetic dyes as they don't contain chemicals harmful to health. Good for the ecosystem: As plants can be regrown, they’re a renewable, low-cost source. Good for the heart: Fun and therapeutic, and has more room for artistry.
You become a donor
Every purchase supports a cause as we share 50% of our net proceeds to the community. Together we help underprivileged children get the quality education they deserve at the eco-school we support in Bali. Learn more about our school mission in the blog.
Cut, sewn and plant-dyed the traditional way in home-based family workshops in Bali that share our values for environmental and social responsibility. Learn more about how artisanal techniques work in our blog.
Aligning with UN SDG Goals
We take pride in contributing to at least six of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender Equality; Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 14: Life Below Water; and Goal 15: Life on Land.