Olia Graffiti Handcrafted Dress - Not Just Numbers (Maxi)
This product is currently sold out.
You're investing in
A sleekly minimal and unstructured dress that just makes you feel more you - free and uncomplicated. Pleasingly spontaneous graffiti with the iconic numbers of Kobe and Gigi Bryant to symbolize our love for their father-daughter amazing bond, an inspiration for us and all.
We know your friends will be asking so get ready to tell the handcrafting story below.
100% Handloom woven cotton: Unbleached. With the loose weaving of handlooms, this fabric is so breathable that it keeps you cool in summers and warm in winters. Lightweight, soft, wrinkle free.
100% Plant Inks for handpainting: Reds from sappan wood. Black from ketapang leaf. Blues from strobilanthes cusia leaf. Yellows from mango leaf.
A Love Story of Giving
We refuse to give up on three local traditions, and the artisans who made Olia possible. Super strong handlooom weavers weave magic as they keep the flame of this dying art alive. It takes about two hours for a one-meter strip to be handloom woven; to put it into perspective, the average Olia requires almost three strips. It requires the weaver to be strong and use both engineering skills and creativity. Weaving by hand is the interlacing of two sets of yarn - the warp (length) and the weft (width) using a loom - a wooden equipment that facilitates the interlacing without the use of electricity. Weavers inherit the skill from their forefathers and in turn pass it on to their children so weaving can sustain their livelihood. Super artistic plant dyers made this piece even better. Thank goodness plants dyes are healthy to work with. Good for the health: Safer than synthetic dyes as they don't contain chemicals harmful to health. Good for the ecosystem: As plants can be regrown, they’re a renewable, low-cost source. Good for the heart: Plant dyeing is therapeutic; gives us permission to be anti-perfect so we can have more room for artistry. Super precise cutter and sewer who use old fashion craftsmanship put Olia together. What super teams!
- Simple boxy cut to be your edgier and healthier alternative to transseasonal dressing, with fabric handwoven on wooden looms in the same time-honored way for centuries. Rugged uneven surface from the weaving gives it an ethnic appeal. Wrinkle free due to the uneven weft weaving of handloom.
- Made for longevity so you can wear it a lot or share - just put on your unique spin on it.
- Featuring: Maxi length. Oversized proportions and dropped short sleeves. Boat neck. Of course with two utility pockets.
- Size: One Size. Chest: 59 in * 150 cm. Length: 53 in * 135 cm. Model Jasmine is 5'6" * 170 cm
- Care for long-lasting plant-dye: Cold hand wash or machine wash with like colors. Use eco-friendly or gentle detergent. Air dry in the shade or tumble dry low. Dry clean not recommended because natural dyes react to heavy synthetic chemicals. Plant dyed colors will fade if left in the sun for a long time and washed in hot water. Naturally-faded plant dyes can also translate the anti-perfection stance in your wardrobe. Mend when torn.
You become a donor
Every purchase supports a cause as we share 50% of our net proceeds to the community. Together we help underprivileged children get the quality education they deserve at the eco-school we support in Bali. Learn more about our school mission in the blog.
Handloom woven in Java. Plant dyed, cut, sewn the traditional way in home-based family workshops in Bali that share our values for environmental and social responsibility. Learn more about how artisanal techniques work in our blog.
Aligning with UN SDG Goals
We take pride in contributing to at least six of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender Equality; Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production; Goal 14: Life Below Water; and Goal 15: Life on Land.